While I dearly love your counterparts, winter, fall and spring, I miss you. I’m ready for you; I have a theme ready for you and everything. Summer, this one is for you: Pineapple Mojito. There are so many things that I have planned to make to accent the theme of Summer 2010, but, only with time will they be revealed. For those ideas, those scrumptious morsels both sweet and savory, will come when you come–when summer comes. So for now- on your mark, get set- prepare for summer.
Makes 2 drinks
(because even if you don’t have to share you’ll want two)
½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
½ cup mint leaves
3 cane-sugar sugar cubes
4 ounces rum
½ cup pineapple juice
Spiced rum and dark rum for garnish
- In a large glass, like a pint glass, muddle together the sugar cubes, pineapple chunks and mint.
- Add the pineapple juice, rum and a small handful of ice. Seal the glass with another glass or in a cocktail shaker. Shake the pineapple mixture a few time to mix and chill everything.
- Strain and divide the contents of the shaker evenly into to glasses.
- Add a small handful of ice to each glass. Fill the glass a half inch from the top with club soda.
- Flat equal amounts of spiced rum and park run on the top.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a chunk of pineapple.