I don’t like coffee. I do like the was some of it smells, other than that-I don’t make it, I don’t sever it, I’d like to toss out the coffee maker, I hate the mess of the grins, I hate the stains it leaves. Yuck. So I called this a tea-cake, it is not super sweet or anything. I think it’s best 2 days old, once everything has settled and all, ya’ know?
Pear and Almond Tea Cake
1 cup sugar
1 tes. each vanilla and almond extract
1 cup butter milk
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 tea. each baking soda and baking powder
1 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup butter, browned
2 pears, sliced
1/4 cup butter, cubbed
1/2 brown sugar
2/3 cup oats
1/2 cup ground almonds
1. In the bowl of a mixer combine the eggs and sugar. Mx on medium for 3 minutes.
2. Add the extracts and butter milk.
3. Mix in the dry ingrediants
4. Pour the butter into mixture.
5. Pour batter into a prepared 9×13 pan
6. Layer the pear slices over the batter
7. Mix the remaining butter, oat, almonds and sugar in a food processor. Sprinkle this mix over the top of the pears.
8. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until the cake is set and the top is brown…warning-if you use the broiler to get an extra crisp…watch it carefully….wink wink.